4400 Benefit Chili Cook-Off
It’s about that time again! Join us Thursday, March 3rd for food, fun, and live music, at this year’s 4400 Benefit 2nd Annual Chili Cook-Off!
Date: Thursday, March 3rd, 2022
Time: 11am – 1pm
Place: 4400 Building – HHN Local Kitchen & Market
HHN Local Kitchen & Market will provide:
- – disposable bowls
- – utensils
- – tables for set up
- – napkins
- – Power for crock pots, etc.
Payment/Donations: Payment and donations can be made in-person the day of the event
100% of the proceeds collected from the 4400 Benefit Chili Cook-Off will be donated to Tucson Food Project charity, whose mission is to provide fresh local food to those in our community who need it most.
Taster/Participant (get to try submitted chili entries) – $5
Enter/Compete (submit your chili entry for the cook-off competition) – $10
Be an Official Judge (Judge entries on: visual appeal, texture, aroma, flavor, overall satisfaction) – $15
Best Meat Chili
Best Vegetarian/Vegan Chili
- Best Meat Chili, Best Vegetarian Chili, Most Creative – $50 Gift Card to HHN Local Kitchen and Market
- People’s Choice – $25 Gift Card to HHN Local Kitchen and Market
1. Contestants are responsible to register using the online form below. The contestant must prepare chili using their own selected recipe and ingredients.
2. Ingredients must be pre-cooked prior to the commencement of the official cook-off. Meat may be treated, pre-cut or ground, but must be cooked. Each contestant is solely responsible to make sure that no ingredient is undercooked and/or that there is no risk of food born illness.
3. The cooking period must occur within 24 hours of event. Chili must be brought and kept in crock pot or other warming container that will be placed for entry by 10:30 AM.
4. Each contestant must cook a gallon (four quarts) of chili (one regular crock pot).
5. Each contestant will be assigned a contestant’s number to label corresponding entry.
6. Judges will rate chili entries based on: visual appeal, texture, aroma, flavor, and overall satisfaction.
7. “Tasters” will be provided a token that may be used to vote for their overall favorite chili entry. The Chili entry with the most tokens by 12:30pm the day of the cook-off will be deemed the “People’s Choice”.
7. Last entry will be taken at 11:59pm Wednesday, March 2nd, 2022.
8. Have fun and follow the other rules!
Note: This is a private fundraising event for members of the 4400 community, invited friends, and family thereof.
To officially register for the Chili Cook-Off, please submit the form below:
I promise to prepare the food to be submitted by 10:30am. Ingredients will be freshly prepared, and chili cooked within 24 hours of the Chili Cook-Off.
For questions regarding the Chili Cook-Off, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org